Votes: 33 20.0%

Votes: 29 17.6%

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 6+

Votes: 16 9.7%

How many in your rotation?

12K views 96 replies 80 participants last post by  DRJ1911 
#1 ·
Based on the EDC caliber poll, many of us have multiple guns that we carry at various times. Weather changes, required attire changes, etc. So, new poll, how many are in your normal rotation?

#2 ·
I have attempted to keep the rotation down to x2. I always go with a subbie for daily carry but the past x2 years have attempted to get x1 semi auto that I could be comfortable with.
*Finding it hard to give up on my S&W 642 because of trust and reliability factors. I have decided to start practicing with a Ruger LCRx, 357/38, 3" barrel.

#6 ·
Rotation

On The Revolver Side 2. Summer Spring And Early Fall My LCRX 327 Fed-Mag, Late Fall Tru The Winter My Model 327 Smith/Wesson 8Shot 357cal 2" For The Extra oomph ! :cool: Semi Auto. PX4. 40CAL 3'. ATL. With My 45 CAL Kimber Ultra CDP II 3". Most Of The Time Its The Revolvers !

#7 ·
I've got 8 wheelies that are in my carry rotation. 6 are snubs.

Occasionally I'll carry a semi auto. Their is an HK P2000, P2000SK, Sig 2022, CZ75c, XDE 45, and an XDE 9 in my carry rotation. (all hammers)

All of those semiautomatics get their share of carry, but they all serve as a BUG to Whichever snub I have in my front pocket.

#13 ·
I've got 8 wheelies that are in my carry rotation. 6 are snubs.
Occasionally I'll carry a semi auto. Their is an HK P2000, P2000SK, Sig 2022, CZ75c, XDE 45, and an XDE 9 in my carry rotation. (all hammers)
All of those semiautomatics get their share of carry, but they all serve as a BUG to Whichever snub I have in my front pocket.
I've had a couple of those HK P2000 and P2000SK in 9mm...great shooting little pistols...I sometimes wish I had my P2000 back...but not wishful of the P2000SK.

#9 ·
M&P shield now resides in my pocket almost everywhere I go
RAPC 9mm goes IWB on weekends when I am in a long untucked shirt or a light jacket
SR1911 officer goes OWB when wearing a heavy coat just because I love it so much. Also goes IWB occasionally when it isn't too warm
Wife's P938 once in a while cause it's so small and light

#12 ·
EDC Choices...
1. Glock 36 .45 acp (80% of the time)
2. Glock 23 .40 S&W (10% of the time)
3. Ruger SP101...for those days when dog-defense may be pertinent (when cycling).
4. Taurus 85 in .38 special (on occasion...and for throwing in a pocket for a quick run to the store.)

#18 ·
Why do people “rotate” the gun they carry? Seems to me it would best to keep it to a minimum so that a person has no need to think about what gun they are drawing if a threat arises.

Yes, it’s reasonable to have a smaller and more concealable weapon for warm weather, and a larger one for cooler weather when wearing more clothes, I can certainly understand that. Even then, I’d think the two guns should have the same controls.

Having a “rotation” to me seems to be an Internet forum thing that sounds cool but in reality has a good chance to actually be dangerous.

#19 ·
4 different in rotation
Pocket carry a Ruger LCR 9mm or Ruger LCP II around the house and as a backup to a Sig P320sc or P250sc carried IWB when I head out into public places. Eventually I'm probably going to carry a Sig P365 as a primary IWB gun and the Ruger LCR 9mm as a backup pocket gun. The Ruger LCP II will probably stick around and be used in the hot summer when wearing thin shorts.
I'll still keep the Sig P320sc and P250sc because I have caliber conversions that range from 9mm, 40 sw and 357 sig which I enjoy handloading range ammo for.
Same thing goes for my Glock 21sf that I have caliber conversions that range from 45 acp, 400 corbon and 10mm.

#20 ·
J-frame .357 snub, or a G-26. Front pocket, both in Nemesis holsters.
I'm old school. Revolvers and I go way back. The Glock rides and draws better in the pocket of baggy shorts. The Smith works better in jeans. I like the Glock, but the Smith just feels so familiar in my hand.
I don't wear shorts often. I don't think I wore them at all this past summer.

If it ever gets cold enough here to wear a heavy jacket, I'd consider a full size 1911, OWB.
I don't know how anybody can carry IWB. I'm a comfort wimp, I guess.

#21 ·
I marked two because most times, that is the number.

My #1 carry is a Glock 26 in 9mm. But, during the summer, I'll often be carrying my #2, a S&W 642 in .38 Special +P due to the clothes I'm wearing (usually pocket carrying with shorts and t-shirt).

On Saturday when my wife and I go shooting, she likes shooting my G-26, so on those days I'll be carrying a Glock 19 in 9mm......unless it's summer and I'm carrying the 642.

Once in a while, I'll get the urge to carry my Ruger SP101 in .357 Magnum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.