Join Date: Nov 2007
The Forum Rules of Decorum
Because it is each members responsibility to know the rules of the road for the forum and in an effort to have all forum rules in one location for ease of access they are listed below. The document will be updated as the need arises so it is recommended that users check back frequently.
General Rules and Guidelines
There are a few premium features on our RugerForum.NET that you can't use until your post count hits 10 or more and with good reasons.
1. Private Messaging is not available until a member has 10 posts and is is done to prevent spammers from joining and immediately sending our members junk PMs or emails. This has happened in the past and our 10 post rule has pretty much eliminated the problem. For members with more than 10 posts, don't bother sending a PM to a member with less than 10 posts ... they can't access them.
2. The Classified Forum is provided as a benefit to members with at least 10 posts. This limit is established to discourage those that wish to join just to sell to forum members. Once you reach that level you are welcome to use the Buy, Sell, Trade forum but just a caution. This forum is not intended for businesses ... just private sales. Additionally, items for sale posted in areas other than the classifieds will be deleted. Refer to the sticky’s in the Classified Section for further details.
2a. If a user wishes to obtain the value for a firearm there is a forum section "What is My Firearm Worth" and is intended for users to exchange information about the value of a particular make or model. It is not for buying or selling and there is a 10 post requirement to utilize this section.
3. The Library contains a number of documents available to our members as a resource and to encourage them to participate in forum discussions. Most of the documents have a Copyright caveat so please abide by these simple rules.
In addition, please note that your first 10 posts should be value added questions or responses to other questions or comments. Do not "wall paper" the forums with useless posts just to get to 10. If forum staff sees this happening we will take appropriate action.
Further please remember the following important rules:
1. DEBATE RESPECTFULLY. Absolutely NO Personal attacks on fellow forum members will be allowed.
2. WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE. Foul language (including abbreviated and modified versions) and slurs aimed at race, religion, creed or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
3. Please report spammers, bullies, or those abusing the intent of this forum by clicking on the Report Post Icon located in the lower left corner of each post.
4. RF.Net does not permit members to promote personal Facebook pages, blogs, Go Fund Me accounts and YouTube pages. Accordingly, links of this nature will be removed from threads and signature lines without notice.
5. No Troll threads.
6. The Minefield forum is to be used exclusively for sensitive subjects including politics & religion and is not designed for general chat. The above rules apply to the entire forum but are especially noteworthy for the Minefield. A minimum of 25 posts is necessary for entry to the Minefield and members meeting the requirements and wishing access should go to the “Minefield Admission Request Area” page that is part of the Lobby and follow the instructions.
7. While the punchline forum is intended to bring a little laughter to the forum membership, the forum staff expects that all members posting here will exercise good judgement. Accordingly jokes of an overt sexual or racial nature, or jokes that are clearly in poor taste are not acceptable here and will be immediately removed and depending on severity the offender may be warned or have their posting privileges removed from the forum. Repeat offenders will be banned.
8. The RF.Net staff expects that the membership will exercise "good judgement" when selecting and displaying avatars. Avatars that are sexually suggestive, contain foul language, or that portray slurs aimed at race, religion, creed or sexual orientation will not be permitted. In addition, avatars promoting any business or organization (except for military branches or sports teams), or that contain a website address or link of any kind are not permitted.
9. Links to a member's personal website, blogs, Youtube channel, and other web sites such as Gun Broker, Auction Arms, Guns America, or other gun sales businesses are not allowed. Members are not allowed to promote their home businesses such as holster making, gun smithing, or other services as doing so is considered a form of advertising and not permitted. Any links posts or threads will be removed without notice. Those wishing to advertise on the forum should contact the Administrative Staff for details. Go Fund Me links are also not permitted.
10. Signature Icons are provided for the membership use and are the only Icons permitted in the signature line. Details of the set up and rules regarding them are a sticky in multiple sections of the forum.
11. A reloading section is provided for enthusiasts however Ruger Forum is not responsible for load data posed by members, even if the data was taken from reputable reloading sources. The forum reserves the right to remove any data it feels is unsafe.
Disclaimer: rugerforum.net provides this website as a service to its members, to those interested in Firearms.
All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed in this forum are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of rugerforum.net.
rugerforum.net does not certify, endorse, verify, edit or review the contents of any communication posted to these forums. rugerforum.net makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the posted communications or information contained therein. rugerforum.net is not responsible for defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any author posting to this forum.
rugerforum.net reserves the right to remove any postings from this forum at its discretion; this reservation creates no affirmative duty in rugerforum.net, and failure to exercise this power shall not subject rugerforum.net to any liability of any sort. Persons posting to this forum hereby agree to abide by all applicable laws both National and International and to accept legal responsibility for the contents of their communications.
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by reporting the posted message. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
If you participate in a discussion, you are responsible for ensuring that any material you post to rugerforum.net (text, images, or other multimedia content) does not violate or infringe upon the copyright, patent, trademark or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party, and is posted with the permission of the owner of such rights.
rugerforum.net is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site.
Finally a note on FREE SPEECH:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
The First Amendment is greatly respected here, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends. RugerForum is not listed in the Bill of Rights. We are, however, a privately owned venture and as such, your freedom of speech does not grant you a right to post anything you may wish to say on this forum. These rules are a contract you agree to when you become a member of this forum and members are expected to adhere to them. Those who err cannot complain about censorship, or a perceived loss of first amendment rights. If you do not like our rules or feel you cannot follow them, seek out a new venue to frequent, or start your own.
You may or may not be notified if action or actions are needed to be taken. Moderators and Administrators have the final word. If you have a problem or a complaint, please direct it to the Forum’s Administrators.
Have fun and enjoy the forum!
Last edited by terry_p; August 28th, 2019 at 05:32 AM.