Wrangler holsters - Ruger Forum

Ruger Forum

Wrangler holsters

This is a discussion on Wrangler holsters within the Handgun Accessories forums, part of the Pistol & Revolver Forum category; I noticed shopRuger.com has a few new leather holsters for the Wrangler from $29.95...am going to get the western style for a bronze version I ...


Go Back   Ruger Forum > Pistol & Revolver Forum > Handgun Accessories

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old May 23rd, 2019, 05:44 AM   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ne Georgia
Posts: 1,361
Lc45 is a jewel in the roughLc45 is a jewel in the roughLc45 is a jewel in the rough
Wrangler holsters

I noticed shopRuger.com has a few new leather holsters for the Wrangler from $29.95...am going to get the western style for a bronze version I just ordered for my wife yesterday.



Lc45 is offline  
Advertisements
Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:38 AM   #2
 
Orangecrusher13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Southern Colorado
Posts: 73
Orangecrusher13 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the tip! I also have the bronze Wrangler, and have been looking for a reasonably priced holster, but need a left hand model. I have found a few but they are a bit more than I want to spend on a value priced plinker. I am going to order the walnut Western snap strap. Doesn't look like Bianchi or even Hunter quality, but not Bianchi or Hunter prices either.
Orangecrusher13 is online now  
Old May 23rd, 2019, 01:25 PM   #3
 
Keystone_Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 101
Keystone_Cowboy is on a distinguished road
Temp holster for the Wrangler

I bought an Uncle Mikes sidekick size 7 holster from Amazon ($12.43) ..... just to protect the gun till I find a leather holster I really want.
Keystone_Cowboy is offline  
 
Old May 23rd, 2019, 01:29 PM   #4
 
brnwlms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Under my tin foil hat
Posts: 2,690
brnwlms has a spectacular aura aboutbrnwlms has a spectacular aura aboutbrnwlms has a spectacular aura about
I am sure that it is only a matter of time till the floodgates open on accessories like holsters. This pistol is going to be a huge hit and the accessory companies are all going to want to get in on the wrangler action. Bonus points to Ruger to have them available on shopruger.com so quickly.
brnwlms is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2019, 02:50 PM   #5
 
Keystone_Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 101
Keystone_Cowboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brnwlms View Post
I am sure that it is only a matter of time till the floodgates open on accessories like holsters. This pistol is going to be a huge hit and the accessory companies are all going to want to get in on the wrangler action. Bonus points to Ruger to have them available on shopruger.com so quickly.
Well there are a lot of grips and holster that fit the Wrangler in various sites....including Ruger.com, I just can not get myself to pay $65 for a set of grips or $125 for a holster .....for a sub $200 gun. Also to be honest, I still do not know which grips fit and which do not fit the Wrangler. New...old XR XR3...Red... or ...must fit to size....non locking, three screw....two screw...will fit Single Six, not new or new only....fits Wrangler if not fitted for Vaquero ????? Give me a break!!!
Keystone_Cowboy is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2019, 03:09 PM   #6
 
brnwlms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Under my tin foil hat
Posts: 2,690
brnwlms has a spectacular aura aboutbrnwlms has a spectacular aura aboutbrnwlms has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone_Cowboy View Post
Well there are a lot of grips and holster that fit the Wrangler in various sites....including Ruger.com, I just can not get myself to pay $65 for a set of grips or $125 for a holster .....for a sub $200 gun. Also to be honest, I still do not know which grips fit and which do not fit the Wrangler. New...old XR XR3...Red... or ...must fit to size....non locking, three screw....two screw...will fit Single Six, not new or new only....fits Wrangler if not fitted for Vaquero ????? Give me a break!!!


Which holster are you referring to at $125? The ones I saw in shop Ruger started at $30 for a triple K. I personally think that is more than fair for a leather holster.

http://shopruger.com/Wrangler-Triple...uctinfo/50489/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brnwlms is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2019, 09:52 PM   #7
 
cfreese1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Jacksonville, Alabama
Posts: 3
cfreese1977 is on a distinguished road
Ordered a holster from Cochise Leather in Arizona, "The Duke". Leather comes from Wickett & Craig est 1867. They use Veg-Tanning. A little pricey but had to do something nice for myself.
cfreese1977 is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2019, 08:34 AM   #8
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
 
Iowegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CB, IA
Posts: 15,523
Iowegan has much to be proud ofIowegan has much to be proud ofIowegan has much to be proud ofIowegan has much to be proud ofIowegan has much to be proud ofIowegan has much to be proud ofIowegan has much to be proud ofIowegan has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase

Wranglers take the same exact holster as a 4 5/8" Single-Six. These Single-Sixes have been made for about 45 years so it's not like the Wrangler is a unique shape.

Keystone_Cowboy, Why do you have to be so negative? Wranglers take the same grips as a Single-Six, Blackhawk, or short barreled Super Blackhawk with an XR3-RED style grip frame. Nothing new here …. the XR3-RED style grips have been shipped on Rugers since 1962.

There are only 4 different Ruger SA grip sizes …. the smallest is for a Bearcat Old and New Model. A large size fits a Dragoon style grip frame (squared trigger guard), an XR3 fits old model 3-screws 1962 and prior plus the new Mid-frame Blackhawks and New Vaqueros, last …. the most popular XR3-RED, which fits everything else. If this is too hard to remember, maybe you should think about a different brand of guns.

Last edited by Iowegan; June 23rd, 2019 at 09:42 AM.
Iowegan is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2019, 09:42 AM   #9
 
Keystone_Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 101
Keystone_Cowboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowegan View Post
Wranglers take the same exact holster as a 4 5/8" Single-Six. These Single-Sixes have been made for about 45 years so it's not like the Wrangler is a unique shape.

Keystone_Cowboy, Why do you have to be so negative? Wranglers take the same grips as a Single-Six, Blackhawk, or short barreled Super Blackhawk with an XR3-RED style grip frame. Nothing new here …. the XR3-RED style grips have been shipped on Rugers since 1962.

There are only 3 different grip sizes …. a large size fits a Dragoon style grip frame (squared trigger guard), an XR3, which fits old model 3-screws 1962 and prior plus the new Mid-frame Blackhawks and New Vaqueros, last …. the most popular XR3-RED, which fits everything else. If three sizes are too hard to remember, maybe you should think about a different brand of guns.
Since the Wrangler was my first Ruger and only my second ever revolver, I was confused not being negative. I got things straight and found grips...thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_1796.JPG (1.40 MB, 44 views)
Keystone_Cowboy is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2019, 12:30 PM   #10
 
okstatefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: TX
Posts: 376
okstatefan is on a distinguished road
Not a bad looking holster for the $$$.
okstatefan is offline  
Old June 27th, 2019, 05:25 AM   #11
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 7
Morpheus is on a distinguished road
The only thing with the holster is the lack of a retention device like a strap, snap, or a leather thong. Hate for it to come bouncing out after it gets really broke in.
Morpheus is offline  
Old July 5th, 2019, 03:02 PM   #12
 
cntryby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 19
cntryby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfreese1977 View Post
Ordered a holster from Cochise Leather in Arizona, "The Duke". Leather comes from Wickett & Craig est 1867. They use Veg-Tanning. A little pricey but had to do something nice for myself.
Do you know how long before you get it, or have you already?

I asked because I also order a holster from them, and due to the holidays haven't been able to determine a estimated arrival time.
cntryby is offline  
Old July 5th, 2019, 05:40 PM   #13
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 861
GP Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
The only thing with the holster is the lack of a retention device like a strap, snap, or a leather thong. Hate for it to come bouncing out after it gets really broke in.
A retaining thong to loop over the hammer spur should be very easy to add at near zero cost using a length of leather shoelace or similar.
GP Fan is offline  
Old July 5th, 2019, 06:13 PM   #14
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ne Georgia
Posts: 1,361
Lc45 is a jewel in the roughLc45 is a jewel in the roughLc45 is a jewel in the rough
The western style has a strap that snaps itís fits the Wrangler well and only $39
I got my wife the brown.
Lc45 is offline  
Old July 5th, 2019, 07:43 PM   #15
 
cfreese1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Jacksonville, Alabama
Posts: 3
cfreese1977 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryby View Post
Do you know how long before you get it, or have you already?

I asked because I also order a holster from them, and due to the holidays haven't been able to determine a estimated arrival time.

Takes 10-12 weeks. Holsters and belts are hand made to order. Mine has been on order for little over 5 weeks. No hurry on my part, still trying to find a Ruger Wrangler. No one has them here. I did find a site to preorder one. Hopefully I'll get it before Christmas!
cfreese1977 is offline  
Reply

  Ruger Forum > Pistol & Revolver Forum > Handgun Accessories

None


Search tags for this page
holster for ruger revolver
,
holster for ruger wrangler
,
holster for ruger wrangler 22lr
,

holster for ruger wrangler revolver

,
holsters for ruger wrangler
,
leather holster for ruger wrangler
,
ruger western style holsters
,
ruger wrangler
,
ruger wrangler accessories
,

ruger wrangler holster

,
ruger wrangler holsters
,
where to buy a ruger wrangler revolver
Click on a term to search for related topics.



Similar Ruger Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Alien Gear Holsters Guide To Shoulder Holsters Alien Gear Holsters Alien Gear Holsters 1 December 24th, 2019 07:48 AM
Join the Future of Concealed Carry Holsters Today Alien Gear Holsters Alien Gear Holsters 0 June 20th, 2017 07:37 AM
Custom holsters for Rugers & others HBK Handgun Accessories 0 October 5th, 2014 08:43 PM
compiled list of holster makers Lee D Handgun Accessories 13 July 20th, 2012 03:18 PM
20% off holsters sale at Tactical store GuitarsAndGuns Handgun Accessories 0 November 23rd, 2011 03:07 PM

Top Gun Sites Top Sites List
Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 Ruger Forum. All rights reserved.
Ruger Forum is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.