Join Date: Mar 2013
Attn NJ Peeps, Historical Winter Firearms Marksmanship Contest
I know this is very short notice and registration is likely closed by now, I dunno for sure but you can call. This event features a plethora of historic military and non-military firearms used during the ARW to Afghanistan. If you are a buff and want to attend as a spectator, the event is open to the public.
Historical Winter Firearms Marksmanship Contest, Jan. 16, Cherry Ridge, Open to Public
In Honor of the Men and Women Who Endured The Rigors of Winter Combat from Valley Forge to Korea And To Demonstrate Personal Skill with Relics of History, The New Jersey Arms Collector’s Club Inc. Invites You to Participate With Historical Firearms In A Winter Marksmanship Contest.
Saturday, January 16, 2016
SNOW DATE JAN 23rd`
ANJRPC CHERRY RIDGE RANGE
Highland Lakes, NJ -- Off Canistear Road, 4 Mi. North of Rt. 23
SIGHT-IN: 9:00 am – 10:00 am MATCHES: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm Lunch: 12:00 – 1:00
$30 ($10 discount to NJACC members and active, reserve, retired military with ID card)
Family rate-$50 for two benches (children, in laws, grandparents etc.) plus $5 for each meal
Full Entry Fee includes Lunch in Club House & VENISON STEW and Hot Beverages during shoot ($5.00 Lunch Only)
*Note: Price Differential for Non-Members is applicable towards Membership Dues.
PRIZES: Trophies to Best in Each Class
FIREARMS: Repro or original BP. Curios and Relics of the Period. Original style Stocks and Sights
Winter trigger guards acceptable. Winter triggers if approved by range safety officer.
OPTIONAL: YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR WINTER COMBAT UNIFORMS OR CIVILIAN EQUIVALENT—
Don’t forget Hats, Gloves and Boots as well as hearing and eye protection!!!
VENISON STEW, HOT CHOCOLATE AND COFFEE AVAILABLE IN PARKING LOT AS PART OF FEE
Contests Require 10 Shots in 2 Minutes at 50 Yards(except #12,15&16)
Any Position Including Bench * Rifles must be fired from shoulder unless medically excused.(no sleds)
1. BATTLE OF TRENTON Any Smoothbore Flintlock - 5 shots in 15 minutes
2. MOUNTAIN MAN Any Civilian Flint or Percussion Rifle - 10 Shots / 15 Minutes
3. FREDERICSBURG Any C W Battle weapon not using fixed ammo - 10 Shots / 15 Minutes
4. WINTER WAR Any Finnish or Russian Mosin Nagant,Suomi 31 semi auto.
5. BALKAN FRONT Any Yugoslav, Austrian, Italian, Bulgarian, Romanian or Greek WWII era bolt action rifle (post war rebuilt Yugos are OK)
6. EASTERN FRONT SEMI-AUTO G-41, G-43, Tokarev 38 and SVT-40. Suomi M31 Semi Auto
7. BATTLE OF THE BULGE BOLT 98K, Springfield ’03, 03A1, 03A3, Enfield P14/1917 MK III and IV
8. BATTLE OF HUERTGEN FOREST M1 Garand, G-43, G-41
9. SCANDANAVIAN BOLT Swedish Mauser, Norwegian or Danish Krag
10. ALPINE DEFENSE Any Swiss, Italian, French, or Austrian Mil. Bolt or Semi Auto
11. CHOSIN RESERVOIR M1,BAR, Mosin Nagant, Japanese 38, 99, Mauser 98,SKS,Enfield #3,4
12 AFGHAN HILLS Any NJ Legal Semi-Auto, 5.56, 7.62 Nato, 7.62 x 39, 5.45 x 39 (100yds)
13. KLONDIKE Any Black Powder Cartridge Firearm (smokeless or duplex ammo OK)
14. ALASKA HUNTER Any Sporter Rifle, inc Sporterized Military, (Iron Sights)
15. WINTER SNIPER Military Sniper Rifle w/Original style Optics-1 Shot 100 Yds.
16. POLAR BEAR Any Sport,Sporterized Military or Police Rifle with Scope 30 cal or+
17. CPT GRIEST 1LT HAVER TROPHY Best Female Shooter (in honor of the Ranger School graduates)
18. YOUNG WARRIOR Any Shooter Under 18 Years -22 rimfire no magnifying optics,
19. WINTER OLYMPIAN Any Rimfire /pellet Rifle( 17 or 22), 18 or older-no magnifying optics
20. WINTER PLINKER Any scoped Rimfire(17 or 22) or pellet Rifle
PUBLIC INVITED - Shoot Chairman – STAN GURSKI