Ruger AR556 - bolt not always staying open on last shot
I don't know much about ARs (but am trying to learn), and I know even less about forums......so I hope this questions is in the correct area.
I recently purchased a new AR-556. I seem to be having a bit of a problem. Here is some background/info:
1. To date, I have only had 2 range days and fired 75-100 rounds each outing. Most of my shooting consisted of 3 shot groups while sighting in iron sights and then sighting my vortex strikefire 2.
2. The gun was cleaned before each session
3. I'm shooting .223 55g fmj (AE and Remington UMC)
4. I'm using 4 different magazines (magpul gen 2 and 3, MFT, Lancer). The mags are all brand new with less than 50 rounds each.
5. The issue I'm having is that the bolt is not always staying open on the last shot. This happened about 5-6 times on the first range day and about 7 or 8 times on the second day. The problem seems to be consistent with all four mags which leads me to believe the issue may be with the gun, not the mags.
Question #1 - Is this actually a problem?
Question #2 - Any advice on how to resolve the issue?
Question #3 - Should I be calling Ruger?
Thank You very much in advance.