Last December I took delivery on a new Ruger SR556 (5924). This was my first AR pattern rifle. I had used AR rifles during my time in the service but those military commanders tended to frown upon modifying an issue weapon.
The SR556 introduced me to the world of the AR. Seeing all the makers, parts, accessories and models out there was a real eye opener for me.
Of course I accessorized, tweaked and upgraded the rifle with a few parts:
1. Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 optic
2. Team Warne scope mount
3. Brownells riser
4. MagPul angled forward grip
5. MagPul hand guard grip blanks
6. Harris bipod on a cantilevered picatinny rail section
7. Tango Down QD rear sling mount
8. MagPul MS3 QD sling
Looks like I need a few more posts before I can post up some pics so I'll work on that.