f> SR 762 Problem - Thread 3 - Ruger Forum

Ruger Forum

SR 762 Problem - Thread 3

This is a discussion on SR 762 Problem - Thread 3 within the Ruger Semi-Auto forums, part of the Rifle & Shotgun Forum category; Thanks....


Go Back   Ruger Forum > Rifle & Shotgun Forum > Ruger Semi-Auto

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old April 3rd, 2014, 01:47 PM   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 1,362
oldag will become famous soon enough
SR 762 Problem - Thread 3

Thanks.




Last edited by terry_p; April 3rd, 2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Deleted the drivel warning issued
oldag is offline  
Advertisements
Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:45 PM   #2
 
Knurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,281
Knurl will become famous soon enough
I don't think the topic or subject matter intent of the thread is the problem.
Knurl is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2014, 03:22 PM   #3
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 465
harryra is on a distinguished road
So to continue.....I took both my SR762's to the range today and shot 100 rounds thru the old one....serial number x16xx and serial number x7xxx on the new one which I ran 80 rounds thru rapid fire. No issue with either. I did watch how I loaded the mags and did not jam them in. When they clicked I immediately let go. So maybe my last attempt I was a bit harsh on the mag insertion. I did order a couple of DPMS metal mags to test. I tried a Pmag Gen 2 today and that seemed to fit best....less play than the Gen 3. In in all it was good day at the range....
harryra is offline  
 
Old April 3rd, 2014, 04:21 PM   #4
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 1,362
oldag will become famous soon enough
But honestly, Harry, do you feel that previously you abused the rifle when inserting the magazine (notice in the interest of not provoking a generational argument I am not using the term clip...)? Many people I know pop them in pretty solid to ensure they are seated.

Again, a rifle should not be sensitive to this, IMHO.
oldag is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2014, 04:38 PM   #5
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 465
harryra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldag View Post
But honestly, Harry, do you feel that previously you abused the rifle when inserting the magazine (notice in the interest of not provoking a generational argument I am not using the term clip...)? Many people I know pop them in pretty solid to ensure they are seated.

Again, a rifle should not be sensitive to this, IMHO.
No I don't think I abused the rifle before and if I ever had to load it under duress with adrenaline flowing I would probably jam it back in as well....that is what worried me....I let a friend load some mags today and it was fine for him as well....I do know if you hit those Pmag Gen 3's you can drive them up into the receiver so that the bolt does not close....So is that a mag problem or a lower receiver problem? That's why I ordered the metal mags....
harryra is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2014, 05:00 PM   #6
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 1,362
oldag will become famous soon enough
Would you mind sharing where you found the metal mags and the part number? Assuming you did not buy from Gander...
oldag is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2014, 05:24 PM   #7
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 465
harryra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldag View Post
Would you mind sharing where you found the metal mags and the part number? Assuming you did not buy from Gander...
Actually I saw an add from GM today.....I was going to post my usual rant but in fairness I didn't open it up...as of yet. I think they were ordered from Midway as I gave the info to my assistant and told her to get them delivered to me asap....I will know in the morning....She said they were in stock there if memory serves me right.....
harryra is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2014, 05:54 PM   #8
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 176
clownbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryra View Post
So to continue.....I took both my SR762's to the range today and shot 100 rounds thru the old one....serial number x16xx and serial number x7xxx on the new one which I ran 80 rounds thru rapid fire. No issue with either. I did watch how I loaded the mags and did not jam them in. When they clicked I immediately let go. So maybe my last attempt I was a bit harsh on the mag insertion. I did order a couple of DPMS metal mags to test. I tried a Pmag Gen 2 today and that seemed to fit best....less play than the Gen 3. In in all it was good day at the range....
Coool good to hear
clownbow is offline  
Old April 4th, 2014, 02:58 AM   #9
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 59
chuck18 is on a distinguished road
DPMS Mags

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldag View Post
Would you mind sharing where you found the metal mags and the part number? Assuming you did not buy from Gander...
I found it very easy to jam these mags into the bolt. I could feel a round coming into contact with the bolt without much pressure on the bottom of the mag. I manually cycled a round and there was a pretty good scratch on it. I haven't fired any rounds with these mags because of this. I don't have a part # as I threw the package away but they were new, in plastic from Ruger. On the bottom of the mag it says DPMS Panther Arms. Nothing else.
chuck18 is offline  
Old April 4th, 2014, 03:32 AM   #10
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4
Chris458 is on a distinguished road
Why has this thread been wiped out twice now? If you make a rifle that does not work, acknowledge it and allow others to share their personal experiences with one another. That's how we learn.

Is this the Obama administration? Pretend it does not exist and it will go away?

The information initially in this thread was helpful and should not be eliminated. We are all adults here and if it is a bit uneasy at times when people are not in agreement, thats OK. Freedom of speech is obviously not respected on this forum by its owner or whom ever monitors it.

We have a right to share our experiences, good or bad about the SR 762. If I had not come across this forum when I had the same bad experiences with my newly purchased rifle from Ruger (the most expensive I've ever purchased) I would not have been as confident about contacting Ruger to have the FTF and FTE issues fixed by sending it back in to Ruger. Reading what others had already gone through helped me to have a better understanding of what I too was experiencing.

What is the justification for eliminating the previous information originally posted in this thread? I'm open to clarification, as I'm sure I've missed something here.
Chris458 is offline  
Old April 4th, 2014, 04:03 AM   #11
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 465
harryra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris458 View Post
Why has this thread been wiped out twice now? If you make a rifle that does not work, acknowledge it and allow others to share their personal experiences with one another. That's how we learn.

Is this the Obama administration? Pretend it does not exist and it will go away?

The information initially in this thread was helpful and should not be eliminated. We are all adults here and if it is a bit uneasy at times when people are not in agreement, thats OK. Freedom of speech is obviously not respected on this forum by its owner or whom ever monitors it.

We have a right to share our experiences, good or bad about the SR 762. If I had not come across this forum when I had the same bad experiences with my newly purchased rifle from Ruger (the most expensive I've ever purchased) I would not have been as confident about contacting Ruger to have the FTF and FTE issues fixed by sending it back in to Ruger. Reading what others had already gone through helped me to have a better understanding of what I too was experiencing.

What is the justification for eliminating the previous information originally posted in this thread? I'm open to clarification, as I'm sure I've missed something here.
I think the moderators felt it got off topic, which it did at times....I think we are good to go with this one as long as we focus on the SR762....If anyone tries to "stir the pot" its best that we ignore them....
harryra is offline  
Old April 4th, 2014, 04:48 AM   #12
Moderator
 
terry_p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NH, USA.
Posts: 18,300
terry_p has much to be proud ofterry_p has much to be proud ofterry_p has much to be proud ofterry_p has much to be proud ofterry_p has much to be proud ofterry_p has much to be proud ofterry_p has much to be proud ofterry_p has much to be proud ofterry_p has much to be proud of
The rules here:

1. NO TROLL THREADS. If your goal is only to start controversy and walk away, don't bother as your thread will be locked and/or deleted at the discretion of the staff. If you start a thread in the Minefield, be prepared to see it through and to help keep it on track.
2. DEBATE RESPECTFULLY. Absolutely NO Personal attacks on fellow forum members will be allowed.
3. WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE. Foul language (including abbreviated and modified versions) and slurs aimed at race, religion, creed or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.


All members in this forum are required not requested to abide by the rules. The prior two threads contained personal attacks by multiple parties and were closed. If you don't wish to stay within those guidelines then you are free to start your own forum or seek one that caters to your tastes.

Chris:

I strongly suggest you go into the new users section and read the statement about freedom of speech on a privately owned forum.

Last edited by terry_p; April 4th, 2014 at 04:53 AM.
terry_p is offline  
Old April 4th, 2014, 08:51 AM   #13
Spellign Bee Champ
 
alayonruger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Moonbeam's Paradise
Posts: 14,310
alayonruger has much to be proud ofalayonruger has much to be proud ofalayonruger has much to be proud ofalayonruger has much to be proud ofalayonruger has much to be proud ofalayonruger has much to be proud ofalayonruger has much to be proud ofalayonruger has much to be proud ofalayonruger has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris458 View Post
The information initially in this thread was helpful and should not be eliminated. We are all adults here and if it is a bit uneasy at times when people are not in agreement, thats OK. Freedom of speech is obviously not respected on this forum by its owner or whom ever monitors it... What is the justification for eliminating the previous information originally posted in this thread? I'm open to clarification, as I'm sure I've missed something here.
It became distracted and argumentative, reaching Minefield levels, and note that the Minefield is still subject to forum rules.

I do love the legit discussion of SR-762 issues here.
alayonruger is offline  
Old April 4th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #14
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 59
chuck18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris458 View Post
Why has this thread been wiped out twice now? If you make a rifle that does not work, acknowledge it and allow others to share their personal experiences with one another. That's how we learn.

Is this the Obama administration? Pretend it does not exist and it will go away?

The information initially in this thread was helpful and should not be eliminated. We are all adults here and if it is a bit uneasy at times when people are not in agreement, thats OK. Freedom of speech is obviously not respected on this forum by its owner or whom ever monitors it.

We have a right to share our experiences, good or bad about the SR 762. If I had not come across this forum when I had the same bad experiences with my newly purchased rifle from Ruger (the most expensive I've ever purchased) I would not have been as confident about contacting Ruger to have the FTF and FTE issues fixed by sending it back in to Ruger. Reading what others had already gone through helped me to have a better understanding of what I too was experiencing.

What is the justification for eliminating the previous information originally posted in this thread? I'm open to clarification, as I'm sure I've missed something here.
all the info is still there to read, you just can't add anything.
chuck18 is offline  
Old April 4th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #15
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4
Chris458 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for squaring me away and I will read over the rules of a privately owned forum. I appreciate it and I'm glad we still have access to original information posted. It makes sense.
I look forward to getting my SR 762 back and hopefully posting positive results after hitting the range.
Chris458 is offline  
Reply

  Ruger Forum > Rifle & Shotgun Forum > Ruger Semi-Auto


Search tags for this page
r18fsfst-308
,
ruger 762 problems
,
ruger sr 762 problems
,
ruger sr 762 problems 2015
,
ruger sr 762 problems 2016
,
ruger sr 762 reviews
,
ruger sr 762 serial number
,
ruger sr-762 serial numbers
,

sr 762

,
sr 762 problems
,
sr762 problem free serial number
,
zq 7.62x51 sticking in 308 chamber
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Ruger Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SR 762 Problem - S/N thread oldag Ruger Semi-Auto 3 May 22nd, 2016 08:57 PM
Another LC9 thread bsnader Ruger Pistols 11 June 2nd, 2011 03:56 AM
SR9/c Pic Thread (urs plz) mreavis Ruger Pistols 6 April 25th, 2010 02:30 PM

Top Gun Sites Top Sites List
Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 Ruger Forum. All rights reserved.
Ruger Forum is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.