Originally Posted by Andybarber63
After reassembly the gun will not dry fire. Now the spring/bolt will not fold out enough to pull the bold down and out. I fear the hammer was in the wrong position when the spring/bolt was reinserted. Any ideas?
I'll troubleshoot a bit for you. Since I screwed up so many times trying to put this pistol back together until I got it, I feel a responsibility.
I assume you have it disassembled and the bolt and mainspring housing out. and that you have a stock pistol.
1. Safety off, magazine catch down.
2. Reach in back of receiver and push hammer fully back so bolt will slide in easily. Insert bolt. A little finger works.
3. Insert magazine, pull and hold trigger. Remove magazine; Keep holding the trigger.
4. Look in the back of the magazine housing in the frame and see the hammer at the top. Still holding the trigger, use a pencil, punch etc to push the hammer ALL THE WAY forward.
5. Release trigger.
6. Push the mainspring housing bolt stop pin through the frame till it seats.
7. Insert magazine, pull and hold trigger, remove magazine.
8. While holding the trigger, point the pistol up and slide the mainspring housing in to the frame until it almost seats.
9. Release trigger, point pistol horizontal and push the mainspring housing the rest of the way into the frame against slight resistance. If no resistance or great resistance, go back to step 4.
Analysis; The hammer must be all the way back for the bolt to insert, and all the way forward for the mainspring housing to seat properly. The pistol is pointed upward so the hammer extension (That little dangle you saw when you pushed the hammer forward.) can easily mate with it's notch in the mainspring housing.
If you need further help, Email me by private post.