So I recently purchased a new Mark 3 22/45 as well as a Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite upper in OD Green. Both uppers are threaded and awaiting my Silencerco Sparrow (Waiting on the ATF). I took it out shooting for the first time this weekend and thought I would share.
Saturday morning took the Ruger as is out of the box up to the local pistol range and put 525 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet HP through it. There were a few failure to feed but they were later in the session, and I think it could be that it was just dry and mucked up a little. For the most part it worked great and I am very pleased with my purchase.
I mostly was testing for function of the weapon, and the reliability of high level cycling with this particular brand of ammunition. I have purchased an aftermarket accurizing kit from Volquarsten, and I think I will install it before my next shoot. For now I want it broken in before I start adding parts. I have saved some rounds for a side by side accuracy comparison, and will do that at a later date.
On Sunday I took the pistol out to the Mountains here in WA with the Tactical Solutions upper on it. I took time to clean the bolt and the lower before switching uppers, and assembly/dissassembly is WAY easier with the TacSol on it.
I ran another 500 rounds through it to test for function once again. A few more failure to feeds toward the end, and a couple of stove pipes. Overall I was very impressed with the reduction in weight. It is however way more loose than my stock Ruger.
The pistol is an awesome addition to the safe, and I believe it will be one of my most fired, and most cherished firearms. I will be testing various ammo through each upper before buying a bulk brick of what she likes to eat most.
I figure I can fire a few thousand rounds to figure out the best fodder*before I go subsonic this summer. Then I will get to start over on the ammo testing before I buy bulk!
So that is it for the first shots. I am in the process of cleaning these puppies and I will be back with photos over the weekend. My initial preference for uppers goes to the TacSol for ease of assembly/disassembly and weight. Aslo it just looks freaking cool with its OD paint job. Reminds me of candy paint on DB rappers cars. We shall see how they compare in accuracy.