Thanks all - I like the idea of putting a slight bend in the pin instead of loctite.
Little side story regarding loctite and this same gun: when I first got the gun, I wanted to make it as "Buck Rogers" as possible and so, in addition to putting those rubber grip panels on it, and swapping out the front sight with a green fiber optic, I decided to mount a Bushnell TRS-25 RDS on it. I dutifully attached the picatinny rail on the top, and made (unfortunately) liberal use of blue loctite to make sure the sight base wasn't going anywhere.
Well, tastes change, and I wanted to bring the pistol back to something approaching normal, so I took the red dot off and also the picatinny rail. Urghhhhh - LOTSSSSS of leftover residue on the top of the gun, and extremely stubborn to boot (as loctite was meant to be). For a good while, I just tolerated it, all while chipping away here and then with my thumbnail, since I didn't want to use any tools that might Mar the finish.
Just recently I managed to scrape off the last of the offending residue, and the gun looks a lot better.
So - I won't be using loctite on this baby again...