f> New Ruger Precision Rifle - Page 9 - Ruger Forum

Ruger Forum

New Ruger Precision Rifle

This is a discussion on New Ruger Precision Rifle within the Ruger Bolt Action forums, part of the Rifle & Shotgun Forum category; Originally Posted by Sundown Thursday Just put a deposit on one at my LGS (yet to be delivered) and he quoted me $962. Yeah that's ...


Go Back   Ruger Forum > Rifle & Shotgun Forum > Ruger Bolt Action

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old July 25th, 2015, 03:57 AM   #121
Moderator
 
Waveform's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,467
Waveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown Thursday View Post
Just put a deposit on one at my LGS (yet to be delivered) and he quoted me $962.
Yeah that's what I'm reading here on other threads - intro pricing is just under $1K. Very tempting. It might pay to be an early adopter on this one.



Waveform is offline  
Advertisements
Old July 26th, 2015, 12:02 AM   #122
 
rwnielsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 314
rwnielsen is on a distinguished road
I ordered one yesterday, a 6.5. I was told 2-4 months
Gives me time to round up a good scope and some decent ammo. RCBS competition dies are on backorder but bullets and powder are available.
rwnielsen is offline  
Old July 26th, 2015, 02:01 AM   #123
 
PAcanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 424
PAcanis will become famous soon enough
2-4 months?!
My dealer told me had them on order and I had the first one that comes in in 6.5 C.
He thought he'd have them in two weeks.
PAcanis is offline  
 
Old July 26th, 2015, 03:50 AM   #124
 
Sundown Thursday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southeastern Massachusetts
Posts: 1,346
Sundown Thursday has a spectacular aura aboutSundown Thursday has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by boty596 View Post
I just got a quick question does ruger make a good 223 rifle?
I'm quite happy with my SR556 and, because of some of our state laws I'm buying my SR762 (with my gunsmith) in another state then he'll pin the stock and put a muzzle break on then I'll be legal!

The SR762 is pretty darned nice shooting moderate distances - out to 500 yards for me. The rifle will do a lot more than I can.
Sundown Thursday is offline  
Old July 27th, 2015, 01:28 PM   #125
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eastern Washington State
Posts: 11
vnp514 is on a distinguished road
Looks like they are as rare a s hens teeth right now. I can see a Creedmoore in my near future though.

Pete
vnp514 is offline  
Old July 27th, 2015, 04:42 PM   #126
Moderator
 
Waveform's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,467
Waveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to behold
Ohhhh...this is bad.

I stopped by the big new fancy gun shop in town and while they had heard of the RPR they didn't have any and had no idea when they might see one. At my prodding the sales guy asked the manager and came back to report they had three on order. "What caliber?" I asked. "Is there more than one?" he replied. "Pricing?" "No idea." I love it when you go to a store as an interested customer looking to perhaps spend some money and you get blank looks and vague answers. No offer of "Can we call you when they come in? Can we order one for you? Which one are you looking for?" I left thinking the upside is I didn't fall into the temptation to put down a deposit or do anything foolish.

But then I stopped by the little gun shop where I've bought things off and on over the years. They greeted me by name when I walked in - that always makes you feel good. They knew all about the RPR and were pretty excited about it. We jumped on the computer and went to Ruger's website and talked about all the features, etc. If we had done nothing else that would have been fun right there, just talking it up. "I wonder if Ruger is even shipping any yet?" "Let's find out!" he replied. So he called up his main distributor and yep - they have already been shipping them out as they've arrived so we know they're hitting dealer's shelves right now. He looks at me and says "You want one?"

Gulp.

"Yes."

He says into the phone "Put me down for one in 6.5 and call me as soon as you have it ready to ship."

It was that easy. No deposit (he knows if I bail he'll sell it in a heartbeat) and we're looking at $960 plus tax.

I'M IN!!

P.S. I found out there is a 1,000 yard range about 2 hours away so when I'm ready for THAT I'll have a place to shoot.
Waveform is offline  
Old July 27th, 2015, 04:48 PM   #127
 
fungun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Norcal
Posts: 12,851
fungun is a splendid one to beholdfungun is a splendid one to beholdfungun is a splendid one to beholdfungun is a splendid one to beholdfungun is a splendid one to beholdfungun is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveform View Post
Ohhhh...this is bad.

I stopped by the big new fancy gun shop in town and while they had heard of the RPR they didn't have any and had no idea when they might see one. At my prodding the sales guy asked the manager and came back to report they had three on order. "What caliber?" I asked. "Is there more than one?" he replied. "Pricing?" "No idea." I love it when you go to a store as an interested customer looking to perhaps spend some money and you get blank looks and vague answers. No offer of "Can we call you when they come in? Can we order one for you? Which one are you looking for?" I left thinking the upside is I didn't fall into the temptation to put down a deposit or do anything foolish.

But then I stopped by the little gun shop where I've bought things off and on over the years. They greeted me by name when I walked in - that always makes you feel good. They knew all about the RPR and were pretty excited about it. We jumped on the computer and went to Ruger's website and talked about all the features, etc. If we had done nothing else that would have been fun right there, just talking it up. "I wonder if Ruger is even shipping any yet?" "Let's find out!" he replied. So he called up his main distributor and yep - they have already been shipping them out as they've arrived so we know they're hitting dealer's shelves right now. He looks at me and says "You want one?"

Gulp.

"Yes."

He says into the phone "Put me down for one in 6.5 and call me as soon as you have it ready to ship."

It was that easy. No deposit (he knows if I bail he'll sell it in a heartbeat) and we're looking at $960 plus tax.

I'M IN!!

P.S. I found out there is a 1,000 yard range about 2 hours away so when I'm ready for THAT I'll have a place to shoot.
Nah...that's GOOD!!!! Congrats on both counts, new hardware and a place to stretch its legs.

Last edited by fungun; July 27th, 2015 at 05:50 PM.
fungun is offline  
Old July 27th, 2015, 05:12 PM   #128
 
PAcanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 424
PAcanis will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveform View Post
Ohhhh...this is bad.

I stopped by the big new fancy gun shop in town and while they had heard of the RPR they didn't have any and had no idea when they might see one. At my prodding the sales guy asked the manager and came back to report they had three on order. "What caliber?" I asked. "Is there more than one?" he replied. "Pricing?" "No idea." I love it when you go to a store as an interested customer looking to perhaps spend some money and you get blank looks and vague answers. No offer of "Can we call you when they come in? Can we order one for you? Which one are you looking for?" I left thinking the upside is I didn't fall into the temptation to put down a deposit or do anything foolish.

But then I stopped by the little gun shop where I've bought things off and on over the years. They greeted me by name when I walked in - that always makes you feel good. They knew all about the RPR and were pretty excited about it. We jumped on the computer and went to Ruger's website and talked about all the features, etc. If we had done nothing else that would have been fun right there, just talking it up. "I wonder if Ruger is even shipping any yet?" "Let's find out!" he replied. So he called up his main distributor and yep - they have already been shipping them out as they've arrived so we know they're hitting dealer's shelves right now. He looks at me and says "You want one?"

Gulp.

"Yes."

He says into the phone "Put me down for one in 6.5 and call me as soon as you have it ready to ship."

It was that easy. No deposit (he knows if I bail he'll sell it in a heartbeat) and we're looking at $960 plus tax.

I'M IN!!

P.S. I found out there is a 1,000 yard range about 2 hours away so when I'm ready for THAT I'll have a place to shoot.
$960?!!! That's GREAT!
Sure beats the GB scalpers!
I'm hoping my dealer prices them normally, which he probably will, but 960 is pretty darn low. Way below MSR.
PAcanis is offline  
Old July 27th, 2015, 05:43 PM   #129
Moderator
 
Waveform's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,467
Waveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to beholdWaveform is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
$960?!!! That's GREAT!
Sure beats the GB scalpers!
I'm hoping my dealer prices them normally, which he probably will, but 960 is pretty darn low. Way below MSR.
Yeah - I'm pretty stoked. I think there are some steep discounts in play right now from Ruger to the distributors. The final pricing is all up to the dealers but I have hunch Ruger is trying to get as many of these out there in the hands of us gun nuts as they can. That will get the buzz going and they can slowly start to inch up to pricing above $1K. I would have guessed a rifle with an MSRP of $1399 would sell for $1,100 - $1,200. Below $1K is remarkable.
Waveform is offline  
Old July 27th, 2015, 06:34 PM   #130
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: central NC
Posts: 571
JEBar is on a distinguished road
I'm happy for you guys who are interested in this type of rifle .... stating up front that I'm old school and the prospects are very slim that I will ever change, try as I might, I can't muster any interest in this new generation of rifles .... I have nothing against them for others, can only hope they give exceptional service .... more and more rifles of this type look to me like they were made in a welding shop .... yep, the technology of the day has passed me by
JEBar is offline  
Old July 28th, 2015, 03:54 AM   #131
 
PAcanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 424
PAcanis will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveform View Post
Yeah - I'm pretty stoked. I think there are some steep discounts in play right now from Ruger to the distributors. The final pricing is all up to the dealers but I have hunch Ruger is trying to get as many of these out there in the hands of us gun nuts as they can. That will get the buzz going and they can slowly start to inch up to pricing above $1K. I would have guessed a rifle with an MSRP of $1399 would sell for $1,100 - $1,200. Below $1K is remarkable.
You buying it from a regular gun shop is positive. I can understand the other one, the "big, new, fancy" shop getting preferential treatment from the distributors to get them going, but them not having it and your regular dealer having the rifle has me stoked
I think I'll drive to my favorite shop today and see how they are coming along in getting one in. Make sure they haven't lost my number
PAcanis is offline  
Old July 28th, 2015, 06:24 AM   #132
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 30
slimcowboy1978 is on a distinguished road
I ordered on last night.. was told we should have it by the week end
slimcowboy1978 is offline  
Old July 28th, 2015, 07:52 AM   #133
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MO
Posts: 308
Magnum cum loude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw450 View Post
Honestly I'd rather have it in 22-250. But 300 win mag might give me a little something to think about.
"Honestly I'd rather have it in 22-250."

+1 on .22-250, and is it too much to ask for a wood stock?

Geo
Magnum cum loude is offline  
Old July 28th, 2015, 08:12 AM   #134
 
fungun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Norcal
Posts: 12,851
fungun is a splendid one to beholdfungun is a splendid one to beholdfungun is a splendid one to beholdfungun is a splendid one to beholdfungun is a splendid one to beholdfungun is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum cum loude View Post
"Honestly I'd rather have it in 22-250."

+1 on .22-250, and is it too much to ask for a wood stock?

Geo
RugerŽ HawkeyeŽ Bolt-Action Rifles
fungun is offline  
Old July 28th, 2015, 09:14 AM   #135
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MO
Posts: 308
Magnum cum loude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungun View Post
Cool on the Hawkeye, and they have a .22-250 with 26" barrel.

I'll look no further, this is it for me for sure.

Just what I was looking for.

no wait, on the same catalog page they list a Hawkeye 6.5 Creedmore with
a 28" barrel....hmmmm...decisions, decisions.
Magnum cum loude is offline  
Reply

  Ruger Forum > Rifle & Shotgun Forum > Ruger Bolt Action


Search tags for this page
best scope for ruger precision 308 rifle
,
best scope for ruger precision 6.5 creedmoor
,

best scope for ruger precision rifle

,
best scope rings for ruger precision rifle
,
good scope for ruger precision rifle
,
new ruger sniper rifle
,
ruger precision forum
,

ruger precision rifle

,
ruger precision rifle 308 forum
,

ruger precision rifle forum

,
ruger precision rifle forums
,
ruger rpr 6.5 creedmoor scope ring size
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Ruger Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ruger Precision Rifle Whitesheep Rifles 8 July 17th, 2015 07:49 PM
Precision Rifle Podcast Jeremy M Silencer Shop 0 January 31st, 2015 12:57 PM
Lyman Precision Rifle Two-Die Sets .223 Remington - $14.88 Gun.Deals Gun.Deals 0 May 19th, 2014 05:11 AM
Lyman Precision Rifle Two-Die Sets .308 Win - $14.88 Gun.Deals Gun.Deals 0 May 15th, 2014 05:03 AM
Can't open precision rifle reloading C56Spd Reloading 0 January 18th, 2009 05:29 PM

Top Gun Sites Top Sites List
Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 Ruger Forum. All rights reserved.
Ruger Forum is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.