f> AR-15 Platform Picture Thread - Page 9 - Ruger Forum

Ruger Forum

AR-15 Platform Picture Thread

This is a discussion on AR-15 Platform Picture Thread within the Rifles forums, part of the Rifle & Shotgun Forum category; What did you take that picture with, man thats clear, and I really like the pistol you built, totally awesome. [QUOTE=HappilyAddicted;906023]A few more of my ...


Go Back   Ruger Forum > Rifle & Shotgun Forum > Rifles

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #121
"The Real Deal"
 
Tacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Back woods of North Carolina
Posts: 4,578
Tacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the rough
What did you take that picture with, man thats clear, and I really like the pistol you built, totally awesome.


[QUOTE=HappilyAddicted;906023]A few more of my AR Pistol to keep this thread going.





Tacky is offline  
Advertisements
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #122
"The Real Deal"
 
Tacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Back woods of North Carolina
Posts: 4,578
Tacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the rough
Looking good bud! and YES they are addictive, but a great one at that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hopwheels View Post
My first build, PSA Premium Upper, BCM BCG, LPK and Mil-Spec buffer tube, Spike's Lower, ST-T2 buffer and charging handle, Magpul furniture. This was fresh back from the range, crappy pic. Shoots like a dream. These things are addictive, already have two more complete lowers trying to figure out what I want to build. Great inspiration in this thread!

Tacky is offline  
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #123
 
HappilyAddicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,407
HappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura aboutHappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura aboutHappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase

[QUOTE=Tacky;906856]What did you take that picture with, man thats clear, and I really like the pistol you built, totally awesome.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyAddicted View Post
A few more of my AR Pistol to keep this thread going.




Thanks bud. I took it with a Nikon D3200 DSLR.
The AR pistol is by far the winner in the "most fun gun I own" category.
HappilyAddicted is offline  
 
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #124
"The Real Deal"
 
Tacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Back woods of North Carolina
Posts: 4,578
Tacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the rough
I can see why! My browning is the most fun, until you realize the price of ammo, and the time I spent reloading the ammo. So tell me why you went with the gen 1 KNS trigger pins instead of the gen 2, or maybe you have the gen 2 and I have the gen 1? On any account mine look different than yours but do the exact same thing.. Just wondering why they made a second generation? Was there an improvement?

So I am interested in your next build.. I have my next idea split between 2 that I like the carbon 15 weighing 4 lbs, or a NM AR with a stainless air gauged barrel. Decisions , decisions...


Thanks bud. I took it with a Nikon D3200 DSLR.
The AR pistol is by far the winner in the "most fun gun I own" category. [/QUOTE]
Tacky is offline  
Old February 26th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #125
 
HappilyAddicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,407
HappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura aboutHappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura aboutHappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
I can see why! My browning is the most fun, until you realize the price of ammo, and the time I spent reloading the ammo. So tell me why you went with the gen 1 KNS trigger pins instead of the gen 2, or maybe you have the gen 2 and I have the gen 1? On any account mine look different than yours but do the exact same thing.. Just wondering why they made a second generation? Was there an improvement?

So I am interested in your next build.. I have my next idea split between 2 that I like the carbon 15 weighing 4 lbs, or a NM AR with a stainless air gauged barrel. Decisions , decisions...


Thanks bud. I took it with a Nikon D3200 DSLR.
The AR pistol is by far the winner in the "most fun gun I own" category.
[/QUOTE]

The one on my pistol is the Gen1. I also have the Gen 2 on my carbine. To be honest with you, I don't think there is a difference. I simply bought the ones I found to be available at the time.

Here is the Gen2 on my carbine. Is this the one you're referring to?



Trying to figure out a new build is not easy, especially when you have the basic configurations covered. I'm still trying to figure out what my next one will be.
HappilyAddicted is offline  
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #126
"The Real Deal"
 
Tacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Back woods of North Carolina
Posts: 4,578
Tacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, i have all gen 2's like 6 sets of them I would have done # 7 but the RRA nm trigger won't work with the kns pins. Let me rephrase that, they will work but you have alot of side to side play on the trigger, so I had to use the pins that came with it. Thats real strange because the RRA's I bought that all have nm rra triggers in them from the factory worked fine with the KNS pins, only the trigger I bought seperate from RRA has that issue. Oh well. You are right I have almost all the configurations covered so its hard for me as well. I would like to have a NM rifle with a stainless barrel, but I dunno.



The one on my pistol is the Gen1. I also have the Gen 2 on my carbine. To be honest with you, I don't think there is a difference. I simply bought the ones I found to be available at the time.

Here is the Gen2 on my carbine. Is this the one you're referring to?

Trying to figure out a new build is not easy, especially when you have the basic configurations covered. I'm still trying to figure out what my next one will be.[/QUOTE]
Tacky is offline  
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:47 PM   #127
 
HappilyAddicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,407
HappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura aboutHappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura aboutHappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Yeah, i have all gen 2's like 6 sets of them I would have done # 7 but the RRA nm trigger won't work with the kns pins. Let me rephrase that, they will work but you have alot of side to side play on the trigger, so I had to use the pins that came with it. Thats real strange because the RRA's I bought that all have nm rra triggers in them from the factory worked fine with the KNS pins, only the trigger I bought seperate from RRA has that issue. Oh well. You are right I have almost all the configurations covered so its hard for me as well. I would like to have a NM rifle with a stainless barrel, but I dunno.





The one on my pistol is the Gen1. I also have the Gen 2 on my carbine. To be honest with you, I don't think there is a difference. I simply bought the ones I found to be available at the time.

Here is the Gen2 on my carbine. Is this the one you're referring to?

Trying to figure out a new build is not easy, especially when you have the basic configurations covered. I'm still trying to figure out what my next one will be.
[/QUOTE]

That's strange that the KNS will not work with your RRA trigger. I actually need to get a few more. I never thought I needed them until I built my first AR and had a pin walk on me at the range. I now use them on all my builds.
HappilyAddicted is offline  
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:22 PM   #128
 
Trinimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canukistan, Canada
Posts: 525
Trinimon is on a distinguished road
An earlier pic of my AR before some recent upgrades.

Trinimon is offline  
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:56 PM   #129
pah
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 48
pah is on a distinguished road








pah is offline  
Old March 2nd, 2013, 03:25 AM   #130
 
HappilyAddicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,407
HappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura aboutHappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura aboutHappilyAddicted has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pah View Post








Pah,

Those are some beautiful rifles. Can you give us some details?
HappilyAddicted is offline  
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM   #131
"The Real Deal"
 
Tacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Back woods of North Carolina
Posts: 4,578
Tacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyAddicted View Post

That's strange that the KNS will not work with your RRA trigger. I actually need to get a few more. I never thought I needed them until I built my first AR and had a pin walk on me at the range. I now use them on all my builds.
Never had one walk on me, I liked the added insurance they offer so I bought my first set, then eventually bought several other sets. Same thing with the B.A.D. levers. I currently only have 2 ARs that doesn't have them, the retro since I wanted it to look as close to the original, and the original didn't have them so... oh well, and the 16"dpms heavy since it had the rra match trigger installed in it I was referring too. Yeah its strange how the RRA 2 stage match trigger purchased from them uses an slightly oversize trigger pin, but the ones that come pre-installed on their factory rifles don't. I always wondered if they had 2 styles of match trigger but they don't list one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
An earlier pic of my AR before some recent upgrades.



Nice looking anyhow bud! still haven't fired my ptr with the pws on it but hopefully soon!

Last edited by Tacky; March 3rd, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
Tacky is offline  
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:52 PM   #132
Larry the Conservative
 
stargeezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ILLi-nois
Posts: 5,458
stargeezer will become famous soon enoughstargeezer will become famous soon enough
Nice collection pah!
stargeezer is offline  
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #133
 
dalto76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charlottesville,VA
Posts: 29
dalto76 is on a distinguished road
Here are some pics of my custom rig. Magpul stock, AeroPrecision lower, CMMG barrel and upper w/ Troy Industries rails & sights. BCM bolt assembly, charging handle, etc. Barrel is threaded for my suppressor which still hasn't arrived... I'll post some more pics after I get my RedDot mounted.









dalto76 is offline  
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #134
"The Real Deal"
 
Tacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Back woods of North Carolina
Posts: 4,578
Tacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the roughTacky is a jewel in the rough
Nice Dalto, how do you like that UBR as opposed to the ACS, CTR etc.?
Tacky is offline  
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #135
 
hopwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 837
hopwheels is on a distinguished road
STOPPITTT!!! Damn you guys, I want every one of these pictured and then some. I need help.
hopwheels is offline  
Reply

  Ruger Forum > Rifle & Shotgun Forum > Rifles


Search tags for this page
.625 carbine barrel 12.5 inch
,

458 socom on delton sport lite lower?

,

ar 15 collapsible wire stock

,

ar 15 pic thread

,

ar pistol picture thread

,

ar platform

,

burris ar536 pictures

,

ddm4v9

,

delton sport lite lower with 458 socom upper?

,

ruger le platform rifle

,

socom

,

tony's custom xm177 flash hider

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Ruger Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picture thread! Show off your build. toku58 Ruger 10/22 Rimfire 338 February 13th, 2017 12:39 PM
Ruger No.1 picture thread ratgunner Ruger Single-Shot 76 October 20th, 2016 04:40 AM
Ruger 10/22 PICTURE THREAD #1! tet493 Gun Gallery 145 August 25th, 2016 10:46 AM
Picture Thread!!!! Maxamillion Ruger 10/22 Rimfire 2 August 26th, 2012 05:23 PM
the 10/22 takedown picture thread Theizzardking Ruger 10/22 Rimfire 1 June 22nd, 2012 02:25 PM

Top Gun Sites Top Sites List
Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 Ruger Forum. All rights reserved.
Ruger Forum is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.