f> CZ 75 P-01 - Page 2 - Ruger Forum

Ruger Forum

CZ 75 P-01

This is a discussion on CZ 75 P-01 within the Range Reports forums, part of the Firearm Forum category; Originally Posted by eastman I demo for CZ, but unfortunately I think the two scheduled June events will be too long of a drive from ...


Go Back   Ruger Forum > Firearm Forum > Range Reports

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old May 13th, 2017, 08:37 PM   #16
 
DCD327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North central , PA
Posts: 6,163
DCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastman View Post
I demo for CZ, but unfortunately I think the two scheduled June events will be too long of a drive from TN (Northern IL and Central IL).
Have you heard anything on the factory in Brazil?

I wonder if they're planning on sending those contract over runs here also?

Also wondering if they will be the same quality as the Czech built.



DCD327 is offline  
Advertisements
Old May 14th, 2017, 07:42 AM   #17
 
cntrydawwwg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Great Falls, MT.
Posts: 137
cntrydawwwg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCR42 View Post
Have never shot or even handled a CZ. There are nice looking pistols with a great reputation, I need to take another look at them.


Many of us that have them had never shot one first. I was lucky enough that my brother had a Pre B that I had shot.
But both my Rami BD, and SP01 Phantom were bought without ever even touching one before. I couldn't be happier. The Rami is my EDC, and the Phantom is my HD.
Also have a P01, and as the OP stated, is a great little shooter. My wife stole the lower from me for her Kadet Kit, but I like shooting the Kadet as much as all the others.
Also as was stated earlier, they can be addicting. Even more addicting is if a person likes tweaking them. Plenty of support out there for fine tuning if that's a persons preference.
cntrydawwwg is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 11:24 AM   #18
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Norteastern BC
Posts: 16
Blkram is on a distinguished road
DCD327,

I have been waiting for 5 years here in Canada for a SP-01 Tactical in 40 S&W!

Could you please provide me with the contact info for your LGS, so that I can contact them, and make arrangements to import it here. Greatly appreciate your assistance.

I have owned 2 CZ's over the years; a 75 in 9mm and an 85 two-tone in 40 S&W. That 40 was awesome! Sold it get the Tactical, but never received it (shouldn't have sold it!). Have also owned a Kimber 1911, but prefer the CZ and how it fits my hands and how they shoot! Really like how the 180 gr bullets performed in the 40.

I can find the Tactical here in 9mm, but not 40. Was wondering about conversion; Thanks eastman, you answered that question for me!
Blkram is offline  
 
Old May 14th, 2017, 12:23 PM   #19
 
DCD327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North central , PA
Posts: 6,163
DCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkram View Post
DCD327,

I have been waiting for 5 years here in Canada for a SP-01 Tactical in 40 S&W!

Could you please provide me with the contact info for your LGS, so that I can contact them, and make arrangements to import it here. Greatly appreciate your assistance.

I have owned 2 CZ's over the years; a 75 in 9mm and an 85 two-tone in 40 S&W. That 40 was awesome! Sold it get the Tactical, but never received it (shouldn't have sold it!). Have also owned a Kimber 1911, but prefer the CZ and how it fits my hands and how they shoot! Really like how the 180 gr bullets performed in the 40.

I can find the Tactical here in 9mm, but not 40. Was wondering about conversion; Thanks eastman, you answered that question for me!


I dont know if , or what the deal is exporting stuff. I dont believe my LGS does that, but I will find out Tuesday and see if its still there. I believe Kentucky Gun online also has some 40 tacticals in stock. And they would be used to internet sales.

Good luck.

Last edited by DCD327; May 14th, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
DCD327 is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 01:47 PM   #20
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,137
Petrol and Powder has a spectacular aura aboutPetrol and Powder has a spectacular aura about
The full sized CZ-75 is one of those great "sleepers" out there on the pistol market. They are extremely accurate pistols, durable and reliable. I see no reason the compact versions would be any less durable. Due to their all steel construction they are a bit on the heavy side for carry but they are a pleasure to shoot.
Petrol and Powder is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #21
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Norteastern BC
Posts: 16
Blkram is on a distinguished road
DCD327,

Thanks! I appreciate it!

My importer was able to acquire my Lipsey's Model 77 RSI in 250 Savage for me from GunBroker.com and import it into Canada for me. His fee is reasonable and he has the network (FFL and broker) in place to do this properly.

I will checked the Kentucky Guns online you suggested as well.
Blkram is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 06:30 PM   #22
 
eastman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 3,080
eastman is a jewel in the rougheastman is a jewel in the rougheastman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCD327 View Post
Have you heard anything on the factory in Brazil?

I wonder if they're planning on sending those contract over runs here also?

Also wondering if they will be the same quality as the Czech built.
I don't have a direct line to the Mother Ship in Uhersky Brod, but the word I heard was that the Brazil venture wasn't successful.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkram View Post
DCD327,

Thanks! I appreciate it!

My importer was able to acquire my Lipsey's Model 77 RSI in 250 Savage for me from GunBroker.com and import it into Canada for me. His fee is reasonable and he has the network (FFL and broker) in place to do this properly.

I will checked the Kentucky Guns online you suggested as well.
You could also check with CZ Custom and CZ-USA. They might have a line on availability. The .40 S&W version of the SP-01 Tactical was discontinued for 2017.
eastman is offline  
Old May 14th, 2017, 06:43 PM   #23
 
eTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The 'Hive' beneath Raccoon City
Posts: 223
eTripper will become famous soon enough
I've been giving the CZ P10C a hard look.

eTripper is offline  
Old May 15th, 2017, 04:55 PM   #24
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Norteastern BC
Posts: 16
Blkram is on a distinguished road
I tried Kentucky Guns on-line, but they are out of stock. I did check out the CZ-USA site, and they too show out of stock. Have not tried to contact via phone yet, or the Custom Shop. Will try Friday when I do not have to work.

No luck with an extensive online search for other available sources.

Hopefully DCD327's LGS still has one!
Blkram is offline  
Old May 15th, 2017, 05:02 PM   #25
 
DCD327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North central , PA
Posts: 6,163
DCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkram View Post
I tried Kentucky Guns on-line, but they are out of stock. I did check out the CZ-USA site, and they too show out of stock. Have not tried to contact via phone yet, or the Custom Shop. Will try Friday when I do not have to work.

No luck with an extensive online search for other available sources.

Hopefully DCD327's LGS still has one!
Buds gun also had the SP01 tactical in stock in FDE ( tan color) today. But I bet they go quick.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...L+9MM+FDE+18RD

Last edited by DCD327; May 15th, 2017 at 05:05 PM.
DCD327 is offline  
Old May 16th, 2017, 02:50 AM   #26
 
Mikes1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,054
Mikes1707 will become famous soon enoughMikes1707 will become famous soon enough
Nice shooting!
Mikes1707 is offline  
Old May 16th, 2017, 07:28 PM   #27
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Norteastern BC
Posts: 16
Blkram is on a distinguished road
Thanks, but that is a 9mm and I am trying to find the 40
Blkram is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 03:18 AM   #28
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 200
vilkus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntrydawwwg View Post
Also as was stated earlier, they can be addicting. Even more addicting is if a person likes tweaking them. Plenty of support out there for fine tuning if that's a persons preference.
The P-01 is a great gun as it comes from the factory. As noted it can easily be tweaked.
I replaced the hammer and trigger on my P-01 and feel that it greatly improved the pistol, especially firing single action. I've retained all the factory springs, with the exception of the trigger return spring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0333.JPG (1.14 MB, 6 views)
vilkus is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:14 PM   #29
 
DCD327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North central , PA
Posts: 6,163
DCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to beholdDCD327 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilkus View Post
The P-01 is a great gun as it comes from the factory. As noted it can easily be tweaked.
I replaced the hammer and trigger on my P-01 and feel that it greatly improved the pistol, especially firing single action. I've retained all the factory springs, with the exception of the trigger return spring.
Nice looking CZ ya got there
DCD327 is offline  
Old May 18th, 2017, 05:59 AM   #30
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 200
vilkus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCD327 View Post
Nice looking CZ ya got there
I agree that CZ's are good looking guns and as you have demonstrated, good shooting guns as well.
I guess you can say I settled for the P-01 because I wasn't willing to pay a premium price for a PCR. The P-01 has some additional "features", like the accessory rail, that I didn't need/want.
Don't take that as a complaint. I'd be happy with any of CZ's 75 series. I'm a big fan of decocker style pistols and CZ has a lot to choose from.
vilkus is offline  
Reply

  Ruger Forum > Firearm Forum > Range Reports

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Gun Sites Top Sites List
Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 Ruger Forum. All rights reserved.
Ruger Forum is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.