Ruger Forum

Ruger Forum (http://rugerforum.net/forums.php)
-   Handgun Accessories (http://rugerforum.net/handgun-accessories/)
-   -   Lasers or lights for accessory rail on SR9C (http://rugerforum.net/handgun-accessories/66285-lasers-lights-accessory-rail-sr9c.html)

anstephens December 29th, 2012 10:08 PM

Lasers or lights for accessory rail on SR9C

Anyone have any reccomendations for lights or lasers for the SR9C?? I have had mine for a month or so now and love it. Now looking to dress it up a lil bit!

ku4hx December 30th, 2012 01:16 AM

I have several Crimson Trace lasers mounted on my Glocks, and I have one on order for wife's SR9c.

I've been a Ruger enthusiast since my first in 1967 (Blackhawk 357 Magnum) and my wife has, over the last few month, become one too; together we have several. Her latest is an SR9c and she won't put it on the nightstand until the laser arrives and is installed and aligned to suit her. We each have a real world event that's proves to us the value of a laser.

One laser started throwing two dots about a year ago and CTC replaced it quickly no questions asked.

I've read, and seen, on the web that the CTC laser designed for the SR9c also fits the SR9. I'll be testing that and if it's true another LG-449 will be ordered. We like them that much and we know how good CTC's customer service is.

Trucker December 30th, 2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anstephens (Post 820537)
Anyone have any reccomendations for lights or lasers for the SR9C??

Crimson Trace makes at least two lasers for the SR9C. I have the Rail Master for my SR9C. I mount it every night before going to bed and it retains it's zero good enough for close [out to 20 ft] work. Lasermax also makes at least one unit that will fit the SR9C. I have two Lasermax lasers for my LCP and LC9, both of which I leave mounted. Both CT and Lasermax make fine lasers. I chose the CT Railmaster Model 201 over the Lasermax LMS Micro for the SR9C because the activation switch[s] were closer to the trigger guard and thus easier to reach ... just a personal preference thingie.

9mm December 30th, 2012 04:56 AM

Just ordered the crimson trace rail mount. Will fit the SR9c and the
SR22p. These eyes need all the help they can receive at distance.
Hope it does as good in bright light as everyone says.

BlkHawk73 December 30th, 2012 05:03 AM

For me, neither. Not into the clothesline look. Its your's so go with what you would prefer. To the laser takes away actual marksmanship byt I can see it's good points also. The light just becomes a bright spot for the bad guy to aim at.

jdavis December 30th, 2012 05:45 AM

I have used C.T. lasers for several years with satisfaction. Recently, I installed a rail mounted light and night sights on one of my pistols. This has become my nightstand gun of choice. I can throw a super bright light on in a dark house to verify my target. In total darkness the night sights are brilliant yet well defined when the flashlight is on target. I still prefer the laser on my carry weapons but the C.T. rail light suits me better for nightstand use.

PiratePast40 December 30th, 2012 06:01 AM

I have the laserguard on my SR9c and no complaints whatsoever. Button is on the grip so it's easy to use and intuitive. There are plenty of holsters available as well. I really like mine.

Smithy December 30th, 2012 08:36 AM

I know that Crimson products speak for themselves, but I've been looking for the same attachment as you for my 1911 Sig. I saw a very interesting one that had a 200 lumen flashlight paired in the same unit with a green 5mw laser. Trouble was it was made by Barska. Does anyone have a clue about them? I also just noticed that my bio-metric handgun safe is also made by them and it's terrific never failing to work and is very well built. Smithy.

aimtrue December 30th, 2012 08:55 AM

The Firefield pistol flashlight/laser kit is a unit that has a gun mount that interchanges a flashlight and laser.

It is modestly priced, easy to install and operate.

The flashlight has a white LED with 120 lumens. The green laser beam is 5mW and projects laser dot visible in daylight at 100 yards.

It is advertised by numerous internet gun supply vendors.

LANShark42 December 30th, 2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiratePast40 (Post 820772)
I have the laserguard on my SR9c and no complaints whatsoever. Button is on the grip so it's easy to use and intuitive. There are plenty of holsters available as well. I really like mine.

Just bought an SR9c and have ordered a CT laserguard from Amazon. Can you point me to specific holsters that work with that combination? Thanks!

red feather December 30th, 2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LANShark42 (Post 821079)
Just bought an SR9c and have ordered a CT laserguard from Amazon. Can you point me to specific holsters that work with that combination? Thanks!

Go to the Ruger store thae have one that works..Very good holster,I have one.

LANShark42 December 30th, 2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red feather (Post 821102)
Go to the Ruger store thae have one that works..Very good holster,I have one.

That one is out of stock. And it's for the lasergrip. I'm putting the laserguard on mine. Would the same holster fit both types of laser?

I'm looking for other options as well. The more options the better...

RetiredSeabee December 30th, 2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LANShark42 (Post 821133)
That one is out of stock. And it's for the lasergrip. I'm putting the laserguard on mine. Would the same holster fit both types of laser?

I'm looking for other options as well. The more options the better...

Here is a link to Remora Holsters I have a standard one and like it very much. You can customize the order for a laser. They also have a model with a reinforced top which would make re-holstering easier. And the prices are excellent.
http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/Pr...=Series%2D6ART

anstephens December 30th, 2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LANShark42 (Post 821079)

I have a crossbreed supertuck holster! And I love it! I had one for my previous carry gun. I purchased it with the room for the laserguard but can't decide on the CMR 201 Railmaster or the Laserguard.

anstephens December 30th, 2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trucker (Post 820691)
Crimson Trace makes at least two lasers for the SR9C. I have the Rail Master for my SR9C. I mount it every night before going to bed and it retains it's zero good enough for close [out to 20 ft] work. Lasermax also makes at least one unit that will fit the SR9C. I have two Lasermax lasers for my LCP and LC9, both of which I leave mounted. Both CT and Lasermax make fine lasers. I chose the CT Railmaster Model 201 over the Lasermax LMS Micro for the SR9C because the activation switch[s] were closer to the trigger guard and thus easier to reach ... just a personal preference thingie.

How much wider is the rail master than the actual gun?? Or is it the same size??