Ruger Forum banner

Bipod on a new Gunsite Scout

14K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  gunsite308 
#1 ·
I just installed a Harris BRM-S bipod on my new Ruger M77-GS rifle. It was about $90 on sale at Midway. This is my first bipod purchase. It is a shorter model, is intended for bench use, only extends 6 - 9 inches. I also installed a pod lock lever, to better control the swivel of the bipod. The notch legs seem to be a better leg extension system than the friction leg system. The install to the front sling swivel stud was a snap. There are two attachment points available on the bipod for the sling swivel. It is very well made and provides a sturdy platform.

In retrospective, the longer 9 - 13 inch model (BLM-S) may be a better choice, but probably with a heavier weight. Just trying to accessorize my new Gunsite Scout rifle.....sling, scope, extra mags, bipod, case....If you are interested in a bipod, consider a Harris bipod, and the sale at Midway helps too.

boomer :cool:

#3 ·
I've been thinking about getting one myself. I've got 3 guns I shoot quite often so I need 1 that I can use on all 3. Sounds like that one would be just what I need.

#5 ·
@ boomer1

Great looking firearm.

I'm currently in the market for some gunsite accessories as well.

Did you need to purchase any extra pieces for the bi-pod assembly or does it mount directly to the swivel on the rifle?

Have you shot it yet? Hows the durability of the bipod? No problems I assume?

Cheers,

#6 ·
Thanks, for the compliment. The Harris bipod is well made and quite sturdy. I did buy a lever to lock the swivel. You can find that piece at Midway with the bipods. The bipod attaches to directly to the front swivel lug.

I finally was able to take my GSR to the range, for an abbreviated trial. It shot like a dream. I was mainly checking for fit and functionality, have to head back for further sighting in of the irons and the scope. It is a dream to shoot.

Good luck,

#9 ·
Thanks, didn't realize there were new postings after a 90 day lull......

Yes, it is a Leupold FX-II 2.5x28mm IER Scout. I like it a lot.

#10 ·
Wow! Another post on a thread that is over 90 days old! :confused:

I haven't heard of anything coming out from Ruger regarding color options. Heck, like Iowegan mentioned in one recent thread recently....they (Ruger) are up to their asses in alligators, just trying to fill the supply pipeline on the SR1911, the SR40c, and the left-handed GSR (though probably smaller quantities on the GSR). Give them a call.

I see that you have a nice, new SR1911. There are still many of us that have yet to actually see or touch a SR1911. ;)

YMMV,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.