As the title states I know these are as opposite as they come but I am trying to decide between a 6" GP 100 or a M&P 9. I can only get one.
I was looking over my collection and realized I don't have a full size hand gun. I have the Buckmark Contour which is full size but its a .22. I have a SP101 in 4.2" which is my trail/hunting/hiking gun.
I had a gp100 6" and loved it. Traded it for an x-bolt. It was a good trade but I miss the gun allot. I was pretty set on getting another until I saw some officers at the range doing some speed drills and thought that looks fun. I can do it with my Buckmark but its not the same. This will be strictly a range toy (but I did jokingly
call my old gp100 "the boy friend deterrer" in front of my daughter) Which would you choose if you could only have one?
This is how I see it and my dilemma M&P 9
- 1 cheaper ammo
- can ad an apex trigger
- can load multiple magazines
- can add a light to the rail if I want a nightstand gun.
- have the option of concealed carry if I feel the need to.
- I don't have a 9mm
- My Buckmark pretty much fits the same use
- Sold my Kimber and Glock afraid this might be the same
- Doesn't give the same excitement as shooting a .357 GP 100 6"
- Nice trigger (at least my old one was)
- friends had a blast with my old one
- already have holsters and speed loaders
- no chasing brass
- same ammo that I already have
- expensive ammo
- I have the sp101 already
- heavy (pro and con)
- no rapid fire drills