f> 'Facebook killer' - Ruger Forum

Ruger Forum

'Facebook killer'

This is a discussion on 'Facebook killer' within the CCW forums, part of the Firearm Forum category; This whole deal reinforces my decision to conceal carry. You just never know when the next "nut" is in your presence and about to perform ...


Go Back   Ruger Forum > Firearm Forum > CCW

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old April 19th, 2017, 07:32 AM   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ruston
Posts: 34
johnwes40 is on a distinguished road
'Facebook killer'

This whole deal reinforces my decision to conceal carry. You just never know when the next "nut" is in your presence and about to perform an act of craziness. Always be ready.



johnwes40 is offline  
Advertisements
Old April 19th, 2017, 07:45 AM   #2
 
gqucool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 7,942
gqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nice
Yes but just because you are packing heat will not work in every situation!!! Common sense will get you some time & protection as well. It's better to turn around and go the other way. I can agree with your feelings about having a CCW with you. Especially when you're going into certain areas etc. I like your title to your thread FaceBook Killer!! This is one reason why I don't care to go on Facebook!!!
gqucool is offline  
Old April 19th, 2017, 07:57 AM   #3
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ruston
Posts: 34
johnwes40 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqucool View Post
Yes but just because you are packing heat will not work in every situation!!! Common sense will get you some time & protection as well. It's better to turn around and go the other way. I can agree with your feelings about having a CCW with you. Especially when you're going into certain areas etc. I like your title to your thread FaceBook Killer!! This is one reason why I don't care to go on Facebook!!!
I dont go on Facebook either... for probably like 6 years now. Totally agree with you on what you wrote. I feel anyone carrying concealed needs to avoid confrontation at all costs. Unfortunately, turning to walk away would not have helped the victim of this man. You come walking up to me filmimg with a hand in your pocket, I may just have to draw on you immediately.
johnwes40 is offline  
 
Old April 19th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #4
 
gqucool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 7,942
gqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nice
Man you never know what sick thoughts are going on in some of these demented people!!! Too bad this idiot couldn't have gone out into the country side to end his own life vs taking a innocent life!!! He had to be a attention freak to use FaceBook!!!
gqucool is offline  
Old April 19th, 2017, 08:38 AM   #5
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 222
ronzonie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwes40 View Post
This whole deal reinforces my decision to conceal carry. You just never know when the next "nut" is in your presence and about to perform an act of craziness. Always be ready.
do you really think that a 74 year old, beat up black man is going to be concealed carrying? And would he suspect that another black man is going to gun him down for no reason?

Your point is well formed, but IMO not well applied in this case.
ronzonie is offline  
Old April 19th, 2017, 08:42 AM   #6
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ruston
Posts: 34
johnwes40 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzonie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwes40 View Post
This whole deal reinforces my decision to conceal carry. You just never know when the next "nut" is in your presence and about to perform an act of craziness. Always be ready.
do you really think that a 74 year old, beat up black man is going to be concealed carrying? And would he suspect that another black man is going to gun him down for no reason?

Your point is well formed, but IMO not well applied in this case.
Im talking about myself. Not saying he should have been armed. He didnt have a chance being as old as he was. Running, fighting it off, whatever, he would have lost. I meant myself. Good try though
johnwes40 is offline  
Old April 19th, 2017, 09:09 PM   #7
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 29
Sicamosley is on a distinguished road
'Facebook killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzonie View Post
do you really think that a 74 year old, beat up black man is going to be concealed carrying?


My grandfather did a 1903 .32 Colt to be precise. Gun and knife, all his life. Kept it in his Pea Coat Pocket, and kept his hand on it virtually at all times. Guess I'm definitely his grandson. Although I carry a 9mm. I don't imagine Cleveland would be much different than the south side of Chicago.

I will say that it is common on the block to keep your hand in your pocket-gun or not-because plenty of stick up kids have gotten gunned downed by would be victims.

Infact, if you ever find yourself in a bad neighborhood, keep your hand in your pocket. And if anyone asks you what time it is-tell them you don't have a watch-it's a trick, they want to see your hands first.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sicamosley; April 19th, 2017 at 09:16 PM.
Sicamosley is offline  
Old April 20th, 2017, 05:17 AM   #8
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: wayne nj
Posts: 23,274
bwinters is a name known to allbwinters is a name known to allbwinters is a name known to allbwinters is a name known to allbwinters is a name known to allbwinters is a name known to all
how about a servcie dog get a letter from a doctor and bingo you take 4 legged protection anywhere.
bwinters is offline  
Old April 20th, 2017, 05:57 AM   #9
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: northern arizona
Posts: 220
curt mini14 is on a distinguished road
with all our new refugees we need to carry a mini14 with us at all times.
curt mini14 is offline  
Old April 20th, 2017, 08:45 AM   #10
 
Argee1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 834
Argee1950 has a spectacular aura aboutArgee1950 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwes40 View Post
This whole deal reinforces my decision to conceal carry. You just never know when the next "nut" is in your presence and about to perform an act of craziness. Always be ready.
It took me years to decide to CCW because of the grave responsibility of it. It was pretty much for the same reason. I now have my firearm on me or nearby 24/7.
Argee1950 is offline  
Old April 20th, 2017, 09:35 AM   #11
 
Argee1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 834
Argee1950 has a spectacular aura aboutArgee1950 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqucool View Post
Yes but just because you are packing heat will not work in every situation!!! Common sense will get you some time & protection as well. It's better to turn around and go the other way. I can agree with your feelings about having a CCW with you. Especially when you're going into certain areas etc. I like your title to your thread FaceBook Killer!! This is one reason why I don't care to go on Facebook!!!
Agree with the first part...being alert to your surroundings and having the wherewithal to defend yourself helps to level the field.

The part about Facebook ...not so much. Myself and millions of other people use Facebook on a daily basis...it's a great way to stay in touch with friends and family you don't see often. I post occaisonally to respond to someone but certainly don't broadcast my every thought or move on it. It's a great medium. Does it get abused? Sadly....yes, by idiots like the Cleveland coward that wanted justify his actions to a few because he felt he was wronged by a girl. If Facebook didn't exist I think he would have still done the same thing as he was calling his friends on the phone and telling them about it. No one really knows or will ever know what went on in this wacko's head. They'll study his childhood, his relationships and come to some sort of conclusion as to why he did it...but at this point it's all speculation.
Argee1950 is offline  
Old April 20th, 2017, 09:46 AM   #12
 
Joenaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 451
Joenaper is on a distinguished road
A CCW is a tool of last resort and should be available to every law abiding, responsible American. Nothing is more important than situational awareness. Avoiding a confrontation is always the best solution.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Joenaper is offline  
Old April 20th, 2017, 10:30 AM   #13
 
gqucool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 7,942
gqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nicegqucool is just really nice
You know with the statement Nut Job boy there are plenty of them out there my CCW gun is a Ruger LCRX, makes me think I need a small 9mm semi-auto for a rotation gun as well!! Better to have something as nothing!!!
gqucool is offline  
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:58 PM   #14
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: California
Posts: 111
DavidWJ is on a distinguished road
When enough shootings have occurred and enough shootings have been stopped because of responsible citizens with carry licenses taking action, people will sit up and take notice. Hopefully this will result in a change in attitude towards citizen responsibilities...

I doubt it will make any difference though.
DavidWJ is offline  
Reply

  Ruger Forum > Firearm Forum > CCW

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Ruger Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zombie Killer 10/22 cornholyo Ruger 10/22 Rimfire 5 April 6th, 2015 08:20 AM
My New Squirrel Killer RNorris Ruger Rimfires 9 January 18th, 2010 02:36 PM

Top Gun Sites Top Sites List
Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 Ruger Forum. All rights reserved.
Ruger Forum is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.