After recently adding a Hi-Power to my carry rotation, I noticed my trusty old carry belt was starting a sag a bit more than I was comfortable with and decided to look at some of the newer "heavy duty" offerings. After looking back and forth at several manufacturers, I finally decided on the Bigfoot 18 oz leather belt with steel core and placed my order. I didn't have to wait long as I ordered last Sunday and it arrived USPS priority on Wednesday
. After wearing it for a few days my initial impressions (for what they are worth) are as follows:
1. The English Bridle leather, stitching, edge finishing and buckle were perfect (as shown in the pictures on the website).
2. While the thickness (they say .281") of .285" according to my digital caliper is indeed "beefy", it went right through my belt loops as well as the loops of my Hi-Power holster without issue.
3. The length was perfect and the hole alignment was spot on for my needs.
4. While it took a moment to buckle and unbuckle the first time due to the thickness, I got the hang of it with a little practice
5. The final test was of course holstering the Hi-Power and going through the normal processes of bending, stooping, etc. to see how well it stayed in place and wearing it for a few days to gauge how comfortable it would be.
Bottom line ... Very comfortable for all day wear and no sag or unexpected movement of the pistol/holster. In short it is by far the best gun belt I've ever owned at any price. The $64.88 plus shipping was well worth it IMHO.
A picture is of course in order