Ruger Forum

Tulammo 9mm

This is a discussion on Tulammo 9mm within the Ammo Dump forums, part of the Firearm Forum category; Originally Posted by berettabone I have more respect for my firearms................... Why do you say that? It's perfect plinking/target ammo. I wouldn't use it for ...


Go Back   Ruger Forum > Firearm Forum > Ammo Dump

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old March 25th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #16
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 17
sr9cnewb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
I have more respect for my firearms...................
Why do you say that? It's perfect plinking/target ammo. I wouldn't use it for carry, but i don't think anyone would carry federal or Winchester either.



sr9cnewb is offline  
Advertisements
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #17
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Nevada
Posts: 698
hoss702 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkus View Post
However, you do have to be careful because some gun ranges ban steel case ammo since there are varities that use steel ball instead of lead. So your local range may not like you leaving steel casings all over their floors!
Nah. Its mainly the fact they can't recycle or sell your empty brass..
hoss702 is offline  
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #18
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,402
berettabone is on a distinguished road
I say that because it's cheap, it's junk, and I constantly read about people always complaining about FTE"s, FTF's, and other problems. Been shooting for 37+ yrs. and have NEVER had any of the above. I'll spend a few more dollars, for more quality, and brass, and if I can't find it, I'll take a break from shooting. Just like I do now, because of the prices. I would carry Winchester...never had a problem with it, in many different types of firearms.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr9cnewb View Post
Why do you say that? It's perfect plinking/target ammo. I wouldn't use it for carry, but i don't think anyone would carry federal or Winchester either.
berettabone is offline  
Old March 26th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #19
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 17
sr9cnewb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
I say that because it's cheap, it's junk, and I constantly read about people always complaining about FTE"s, FTF's, and other problems. Been shooting for 37+ yrs. and have NEVER had any of the above. I'll spend a few more dollars, for more quality, and brass, and if I can't find it, I'll take a break from shooting. Just like I do now, because of the prices. I would carry Winchester...never had a problem with it, in many different types of firearms.)
I see your point. For carry ammo, I'll spring for the expanding hornandy rounds or comparable. If I need to use one of weapons for personal defense, I want to inflict the most possible damage as possible.

If the gun shoots Tulammo, then use it at the range. I don't see a problem. Do you stop driving when gas is too expensive, or when winter blend is being sold? No. If you don't want to shoot TulAmmo, don't. But if you personally haven't had any problems with it, don't discourage someone from "I read on the internet" or "My brothers friend, his dad has a buddy who said... etc".

FYI I'm not trying to sound like a jerk.

I've shot TulAmmo in my sr9c and in my M&P Shield 40. Never a problem with either, related to the ammo.
sr9cnewb is offline  
Old March 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #20
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,402
berettabone is on a distinguished road
That's your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr9cnewb View Post
I see your point. For carry ammo, I'll spring for the expanding hornandy rounds or comparable. If I need to use one of weapons for personal defense, I want to inflict the most possible damage as possible.

If the gun shoots Tulammo, then use it at the range. I don't see a problem. Do you stop driving when gas is too expensive, or when winter blend is being sold? No. If you don't want to shoot TulAmmo, don't. But if you personally haven't had any problems with it, don't discourage someone from "I read on the internet" or "My brothers friend, his dad has a buddy who said... etc".

FYI I'm not trying to sound like a jerk.

I've shot TulAmmo in my sr9c and in my M&P Shield 40. Never a problem with either, related to the ammo.
berettabone is offline  
Old March 26th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #21
 
brianinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lebanon, PA
Posts: 5,382
brianinpa will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbednarczyk34 View Post
I have an LC9 and was wondering if anyone has shot any of the tulammo through it? Is it good ammo, or a waste of money? Can get 50rds for about $12
Buy a box and try it. If it works then you know. If it doesn't then you know that to, but either way you know because you made the decision for yourself and not just because of what you read on a forum.

First hand experience is better than 100 replys to a question anyway.
brianinpa is offline  
Old March 26th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #22
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Carlisle, Oh
Posts: 31
tbednarczyk34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinpa View Post
Buy a box and try it. If it works then you know. If it doesn't then you know that to, but either way you know because you made the decision for yourself and not just because of what you read on a forum.

First hand experience is better than 100 replys to a question anyway.
Easier said then done... In case you didnt notice most places are out of 9mm and even putting caps on 100rds. So why waste money and time trying to find it if its junk.
tbednarczyk34 is offline  
Old March 26th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #23
 
Sarkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Under a big sky
Posts: 567
Sarkus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbednarczyk34 View Post
Easier said then done... In case you didnt notice most places are out of 9mm and even putting caps on 100rds. So why waste money and time trying to find it if its junk.
I don't think anyone is suggesting going out of your way to find TulAmmo, just that there is no reason to pass on it if you come across it right now and need some range ammo.
Sarkus is online now  
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #24
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,402
berettabone is on a distinguished road
Some people will shoot ANYTHING out of their firearms, just to shoot.........I choose not to...........I also use mid grade gasoline, others choose to use the lowest grade....do they both work? Yes, but studies have shown that in most cases, higher octane is better for your vehicle in the long run, because it burns faster and cleaner. I choose not to use cheap ammo, because I think it is better for my firearm and lowers the chances that I will have a malfunction. If you want to shoot cheap ammo, shoot away. I won't, just for the sake of shooting.
berettabone is offline  
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #25
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Riverview, Florida
Posts: 144
frogdude is on a distinguished road
Dirty, dirty, dirty, but it shoots fine.
frogdude is offline  
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #26
 
brianinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lebanon, PA
Posts: 5,382
brianinpa will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbednarczyk34 View Post
Easier said then done... In case you didnt notice most places are out of 9mm and even putting caps on 100rds. So why waste money and time trying to find it if its junk.
I didn't say go an a search for it. I said if you see a box and are wondering if it is any good and will it shoot, spend the $12 - $15 for a box of 50 and try it first hand. I found it and shot it and it shot fine. I tested it for myself and it worked. That is simply what I was saying.
brianinpa is offline  
Old March 26th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #27
Former Hoadpiler
 
303lithgow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 27,886
303lithgow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss702 View Post
Nah. Its mainly the fact they can't recycle or sell your empty brass..
And the fact no one picks up steel.
303lithgow is offline  
Old March 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #28
 
scooter89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central IL
Posts: 630
scooter89 is on a distinguished road
I shoot tula and wolf in anything and everything. I ordered an extra extractor for my AR because the guy at the gunshop was telling me that the "hard steel case will eat away your extractor." I have measured, measured, and measured some more and my extractor hasnt changed a bit in 1600 rds with probably half of that being "that steel cased garbage." Shoot it all you want and enjoy your gun.
scooter89 is online now  
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #29
Former Hoadpiler
 
303lithgow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 27,886
303lithgow will become famous soon enough
I hate steel and aluminum cased ammo just plain and simple and would avoid it if possible. But to be honest with you I think it is just as good as the brass cased ammo in some firearms. Some firearms were designed around steel cases and will shoot thousands and thousands of rounds without a problem. So if I were out and only saw steel on the shelf I would buy it in a heartbeat. But I still don't like it.
303lithgow is offline  
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #30
 
OhioBrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio
Posts: 2,611
OhioBrian will become famous soon enoughOhioBrian will become famous soon enough
Ok, so most us agree that TUL ammo is fine for shooting. Now lets try a differnet tact. List the type 5 ammo brands you would recommend for range shooting and maybe the top 3 for personal defense.
OhioBrian is offline  
Reply

  Ruger Forum > Firearm Forum > Ammo Dump


« Midway | Thank you »

Search tags for this page

brass maxx 9mm

,
brass maxx 9mm ammo review
,
brass maxx ammo review
,
tula brass maxx 9mm review
,

tulammo 9mm

,
tulammo 9mm brass maxx review
,
tulammo 9mm review
,
tulammo brass maxx
,

tulammo brass maxx 9mm

,

tulammo brass maxx 9mm review

,
tulammo brass maxx 9mm walmart
,
tulammo brass maxx review
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Ruger Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tulammo for LC9 ? The Right to Bear Arms Ruger Pistols 14 April 4th, 2013 11:03 AM
SR40 Tulammo report Influencer Ammo Dump 0 March 14th, 2013 01:43 PM
TulAmmo Steel Case saumur Reloading 2 February 16th, 2013 09:39 AM
Tulammo Ammunition Question JK55 Ammo Dump 14 December 23rd, 2012 04:30 PM
.45 TulAmmo Super blackhawk Ammo Dump 12 October 7th, 2012 03:28 PM

Top Gun Sites Top Sites List  
Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2006 - 2014 Ruger Forum. All rights reserved.
Ruger Forum is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.